Pointerman

Pointerman
Lost River Gemstone on the left and his son Lost River Hercules on the right

Thursday, October 21, 2010

10/21/10


Went fishing yesterday evening on a small water shed lake called seed tick.  With the on going drought the water level was really low and the lake really shallow.  And the bass were stacked one on top of the other.  I only caught one fish is was 2 lbs 13 oz but what a catch it was, I was fishing with a jitterbug top water lure and when the bass hit it it was awesome.  I tried a lot of different lures including spinner baits of various colors, crank baits, buzz baits and the jitterbug but only caught the one fish but had another vicious strike that I missed.  My friend Scott had alot better luck he was fishing a 5/8 oz minus one crank bait and he caught ten bass nothing less than 2 lbs but a couple over 3, one over 4 and the one pictured above is a 6 lb 4 oz hog.  We are planning another outing next week while the weather holds and before bird hunting season comes in.  You bet I will be looking for a black and silver minus one before the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment